• RUNESCAPE CHEATS AND GUIDE
• NEWS AND UPDATES
• SERVICES OFFERED
• PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
• ARTICLES OUTSIDE RUNESCAPE
• USEFUL LINKS and DOWNLOADS
• RUNESCAPE QUESTIONS and ANSWERS
• F2P QUEST LIST GUIDE
• RUNESCAPE MEMBERS LIST QUEST GUIDE
• CHICKAHAN, INTRIGA AT IBA PA LIST
2009 Hallowe'en event CHEATS and HINTS
The 2009 Hallowe'en event, also called Web of Shadows, is a currently on-going holiday event that was released on Monday 26 October 2009. The event takes place in the Grim Reaper's house. To access the event, the player can enter the black Player-owned house portal located South of Falador and east of Rimmington, at the same location that the portal was two years ago during the 2007 Hallowe'en event. See the holiday event icon on the world map and minimap.
|Official quest description: Just when you thought it was safe to go into the bathroom...|
|Release date: 26 October 2009|
|Start: East of Rimmington, North west of Port Sarim.|
|Members only: No|
|Monsters to kill: None|
When she gives you affection, you better wear protection!
edit Event Walkthrough
 The Grim Reaper's House
The aim of the event was to spin webs around the house of the Grim Reaper, Death. First, talk to the Grim Reaper. He will tell you he has a spider in his bath, and wants it removed. Go upstairs and talk to the spider. He will tell you, in one or two word answers, that the Spider Queen has sent him, and that he will only move if the spider queen tells him to. Go down and report to the Grim Reaper. He will create a web-like portal for you to teleport to the Spider Realm. Enter it, and you will find yourself on the first floor of a four floor dungeon.
 First Floor
On the first floor, players will find themselves on a small unstable web. The player must cross web strands to reach the ladder at center of the web, however, only certain web strands can support the player -- If the player crosses a wrong strand, they will fall down and be taken back to the beginning of the web. The player must use trial-and-error to find the correct strands and make their way to the center of the web. Note that there is only one correct path that the player may take, and it is different for every player. (This puzzle is similar to the "Where am I?" puzzle of Lunar Diplomacy, or the "Pit and the Grid" puzzle of Underground Pass, albeit in a much more simple form)
 Second Floor
On the second floor is an Agility course style level, requiring the player to swing on webs, cross monkey bars, or tip-toe across web strands. The player must reach the ladder on the northern-most web.
 Third floor
When the player reaches the third level, they can find the Spider Herald. After the player mentions that they are helping the Grim Reaper, the Spider Holy will allow the player to climb the ladder to the level leading to the Queen Spider. There are many other spiders there such as the royal fly catcher, and master web spinner.
 Fourth Floor
The Spider Queen will tell the player that the Grim Reaper offended the spiders by sweeping all webs from his house, upsetting the order of Hallowe'en set by Guthix. The Queen will refuse to move the giant spider from the Grim Reaper's bathroom until his house is again filled with spider webs.
The Queen will instruct the player to talk to the Spider Herald again, who will give the player a companion named Eek. The player is then instructed to return to the Grim Reaper's house, and to fill the house with webs with the help of Eek.
 The Grim Reaper's house (again!)
Talk to the Grim Reaper. After a short conversation with the player and Eek, you will be instructed to place webs all around the Grim Reaper's house. The player will need to hold Eek in their hand, and then left-click any furniture in the house that has the Web option. A total of sixty-four items will need to be webbed in order for the Queen Spider to be satisfied. Eek will also inform the player upon entering any room exactly how many items in that room need to be "webbed". The player can also Talk-to Eek at any time to determine how many items that need to be webbed are remaining in the current room.
It is advised to travel from room-to-room, looking for any object that Eek can web, and then moving on to the next room when Eek has informed you that the room has enough webs in it. Items that the player should look for are candlesticks, chairs, tables, beds, footlockers, wardrobes, bookcases and fireplaces.
Note that in the room with Muncher, the Grim Reaper's dog, the player will not be allowed to spin any webs until Muncher is satisfied - attempting to do so will result in Eek being scared by Muncher and unable to spin the web. You can right-click Muncher (or simply click Interact to open a dialog box); the player should Entertain him and then let him sniff Eek, so that Muncher can see that Eek is harmless. After Eek states that Muncher likes her, the items in Muncher's room can be webbed by Eek.
Once sixty-four webs have been spun in the house, the player will need to talk to the Grim Reaper to let him know the task is complete, and finally to the Queen Spider to remove the giant spider from the Reaper's bathroom and to claim their reward.
The rewards for completing Web of Shadows are (Talk to Spider Queen for rewards):
- Eek the spider
- A Web Cloak
- Trick, Scared and Zombie Hand emotes if you did not have them previous to this event.
Music tracks unlocked:
- Trick or Treat?
- Itsy Bitsy....
- Poison Dreams
- Eek the Spider can be put in your menagerie.
- When talking to Eek the Spider about whether or not you are scared of spiders, saying "Yes, I'm scared of spiders" will result in her in-chat name temporarily changing to "Eek the Eight-Legged Mouse".
- Within the first couple of minutes on the log-in confirmation screen, Eek the spider could not be seen and the spider was invisible.
- The name of the Halloween event, "Web of Shadows," may be a reference to the Spider-Man video game of the same name, or the Lego Bionicle movie "Web of Shadows."
- Around Death's house are grandfather clocks called "death clocks", a possible reference to the fictional death metal band 'Dethklok'.
- It is impossible to fail an obstacle on the second floor of the spider maze.
- With this quest, Jagex introduced new chat head. It appears when player asks the Spider Queen: "What about me?"
- If the player blows a raspberry at Muncher, the dog, he will hit to whatever the player's HP left is. If you have 99 hp left, he will hit a 99 or if you have 50 he will hit a 50. This will 'kill' the player, who reappears in room containing the portal from the Grim Reaper's house. The player does not lose any items. If you are poisned at the time you enter the house, and happen to die, you will respawn back in your respawn point.
- If the player dies while in the Grim Reaper's house, they will respawn at the house's entrance.
- When walking around with Eek, you will appear to have no shield if you are wearing one. When you walk, your shield will appear.
- Eek the Spider and the Halloween Cape can both be stored in the Toy Box of your Costume Room of your POH (Player Owned House).
- The character in the banner is wearing the Agile top and legs.
- Eek is a female. When released, the player is given a notice saying, "Eek the spider scurries away. You can pick her up again from Diango in Draynor Village."
- When walking the spider web, it is possible to walk through air. This happened when you clicked diagonally to the web.
- If you look on the world map while in the dungeon it shows no "you are here" arrow but gives a blank map showing lumbridge.
- If you try to rest while on an obstacle on the second floor, it says "You can't rest in that form."
- Wielding a Toy Kite while navigating the maze causes it to glitch and appear as if it's floating.
- Death (Grim Reaper) is rolling a Death rune around the fingers on his left hand.